Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Month Mark

Happy Monthiversary!

Honestly, I cannot think for the life of me how you could spell that. It's not a real word anyway, no matter how many over-attached girlfriends use it in Facebook. But I have managed to make it one month. No soda, a lot of editing (recently started a handwritten fantasy epic that has made me realize how many colloquialisms use modern technological references) and 3 books read so far. I have started my murder mystery, a dry wit filled book with multiple instances of 4th wall breaking written by the creator of Winnie the Pooh.

I pause to look back on one month of doing things. It takes till the 25th sit up for my abs to start feeling it and the 75th jumping jack before I start to feel truly winded. Come warmer weather I may even start running. But that's for a future Margaret who doesn't mind things jiggling in public. Driving is also a warmer weather activity that poor future Margaret will not be enjoying.

The biggest downfall coming up will be chocolate. As I am currently dating myself I may feel the pressure of buy myself chocolate to celebrate such a long lasting relationship. Including the wickedly delicious German chocolate brownies my father just had to tempt me with, I may need to be wary of my sugar intake. 

The boredom has not lessened all that much. There have been some plans with friends, including a rather fun road trip to see Star Wars in IMAX coming up (I would watch the first 6 first...but the internet already clued me in to the major plot points) and the writing. Pit rehearsals for the musical have begun, meaning I have another 6 hours a week I'm actually doing something. I was pleasantly surprised that I could fall into switching from bass to treble clef so quickly, so all green lights on that front (see what I mean about colloquialisms?) 

Here's hoping for the next "monthiversary" I will have a decent work shift and begin seeing actual differences in my physicality. Or it'll be as boring and unimpressive as any other monthiversary. I never presume to tell the future.   

No comments:

Post a Comment