Friday, January 1, 2016

2016

The First of the Year Has Arrived

And my abdomen despises me. Also, if I may warn you, dear reader, that I have begun my reading challenge with a beloved Jane Austen novel. It is a universal truth widely acknowledged that when Margaret begins reading one of her Regency era idol's works, she begins to take on the tenor of the text. While Catherine may be navigating the foibles of the unappealing gentleman Mr. Thorpe, Margaret will be struggling to remember what century she is in. And I ask, kind reader, that you grant me this eccentricity. 

Today there was not much working out to be done beyond swinging. Anyone who knows me will understand that I am unmarried and have little to no experience in partners dancing. But the swinging I refer to is literally on a swingset. Like I am 5. Because in my heart, I am. It's fairly active, judging by the way my already sore muscles were protesting even further and a little part of me felt like sitting down and never getting up again. Plus trudging through the snow piled on the playground was a workout in itself. Beyond that I found some yoga poses online that can alleviate soreness in your torso (turns out the activity has more to offer than just attractively tight pants) so I can go back to crunches and pushups tomorrow. May Zeus bless me with a better sports bra by then. 

I will admit some longing for soda today. I shouldn't be lamenting the lack of variety in the drink flavors I found, as I only drank one kind of soda primarily. Although in my defense, it has 23 flavors in it. But I pushed away the temptation for another day. 

I also kept up with the editing today and I realized I struggle with one major continuity error: character descriptions. At one point the horny villainess was platinum blonde when the rest of the story she's written to be a "raven-haired beauty". And apparently I don't believe in telling the reader the color of characters' eyes so I never remember what color I originally intended.  This is why I have "THE BINDER OF LITERARY AWESOMENESS" (bought at Target and decorated by yours truly) to keep these sorts of notes in. I'm just all kinds of organized. 

*hold for laughter* 

In the end, I am looking forward to this new year. Unlike the hashtag that I so stalwartly defended in the last post, I don't intend on being a "new me". But I will be a better one.


No comments:

Post a Comment